Sony's lens Roadmap - Only map, no road?

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
spacemn
Contributing MemberPosts: 966
Like?
Re: Sony's lens Roadmap - Only map, no road?
In reply to TiagoReil, Nov 23, 2012

TiagoReil wrote:

spacemn wrote:

@TiagoReil - thanks for posting the roadmap. When you talk about premium lenses, what do you mean then? Are you missing more expensive lenses or are you missing weather sealed ones? The 24, new 35 and 50 can most likely satisfy most professionals. The OSS on the 35 and 50 performs handheld like a f1 but lack the ultra shallow DOF of such lens, on the other hand they AF faster and are much more compact then what a f1 lense would have been.

I only informed people whats going on and what to expect. I'm not making a judgement, or complaining anything (I don't think I did, maybe only on the 2 repeated zooms), I only tried to state facts, so people don't have unrealistic expectations (like G primes for instance), and know what to expect, and when to expect it.

As a matter of fact, I don't miss expensive lenses, I cant afford expensive lenses, I only want a tele lens for portraits. I have the LEAE2 and 2 long lenses for that (a sigma 70mm macro 2.8 and the sony 85mm 2.8) but I would love something smaller amd lighter that that package (and faster!!!). that's why I would love to have one. Specially if it is faster. A 70mm f2 would be ideal for me. But this is my preference, and I know not everybody needs that. I'm very curious of what the tele will be, and what will be available in 2014.

Okay, I understand your point better now. You should really try getting a lens that would make you NEX compact as well, so that you can have a take-it-everywhere alternative. That is an aspect of the NEX that really makes it shine comparedh to DSLR's. The 35mm is looking like a must have for evey NEX owner, even though it is not cheap.

Legacy is also a nice road and many times a compact road to take. I am currently enjoying my dad's old Hexanon AR lenses on my NEX.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow