Pondering Fujifilm's Lack Of Transparency And The X-tans Sensor Future - Dead End?

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Muus
Regular MemberPosts: 174
Like?
Re: Pondering Fujifilm's Lack Of Transparency And The X-tans Sensor Future - Dead End?
In reply to gurudave, Nov 23, 2012

gurudave wrote:

(...) Adobe realistically don't have a lot riding on this with regards Lightroom. Lightroom has become a mainstream program and services this market sector well. The X system isn't particularly mainstream and how much money Adobe would need to assign for it to "correct" the implementation is anybodies guess.

Would it be worth it too them ?????

grudave,

As a matter of course, Adobe should. No-one in his/her right mind is only in it for the money - you also want to do your work well for reasons of, let's call it healthy professional pride. Apart from the fact that Adobe lists the X-Trans Fuji's among the supported camera's, while the support is actually leaving a great deal to be desired. (I am not a pixel peeper, just a careful A3+ printing photographer, and when working on my first X-P1 RAF files in LR,  parts of some of those files really annoyed me - and that was  before I had read anything about it. I wasn't on the lookout for conversion problems at all.)

-- hide signature --

www.hansmuus.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
DXONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow