Sony RX100 - What do you love and hate about your camera?

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Questions thread
Joseph8
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Sony RX100 - What do you love and hate about your camera?
In reply to virtser, Nov 23, 2012

I am recently returned from two months hiking across northern Spain on the Camino de Santiago, over 500 miles. Over 3000 pictures later I can say that the Sony RX100 is an excellent compact camera for my needs. The IQ was exceptional in a wide variety of interior and outside settings with landscapes and people. The camera primarily functioned in the Program+ and manual modes, was in and out of my pocket and turned on and off frequently. I did add a hand grip and used the wrist strap. Without these the camera wanted to slip our of my hand. In the future I will carry and use a monopod. On two occasions the RX100 froze up while shooting, would not close. I removed and reinstalled the battery and the camera returned to functioning properly. Movies are of good quality. Little post-processing in Lightroom is needed to cleanup images. Recently, I presented a 20 minute program of the photos to a group and received positive comments about the quality of the images. Originally, I purchased a Canon S100 to use on this trip but it soon developed focusing problems and was returned. Before I had used a number of the Canon G series, liked then but wanted something smaller and lighter. The RX100 served me well well under moderately adverse outdoor conditions of cold, heat, and rain. I agree with much said in the other posts and want Sony to upgrade its firmware to improve the RX100 functioning. It is an excellent camera imo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow