long exposure Nex 6/7

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Questions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,898Gear list
Like?
Re: long exposure Nex 6/7
In reply to mgerpe, Nov 23, 2012

1.) Can you do long exposures 1- 30 mins without touching the camera? (worried about movement) Doesnt look like there is a cord option? phone? remote? how do you set up a 20 min shot on a tripod without touching the camera?

Yep - as mentioned above, all you need is to enter 'bulb' mode by dialing the shutter speed all the way to the slowest speed option until it says Bulb - either in S or M mode.  You will either have to press and hold the shutter manually, or use a wireless remote to trigger the shutter so you don't have to touch it.

2.) interchangeable batteries, does only the 7 have these? this might be a deal breaking for long trips.

Nope - all NEX cameras have interchangeable batteries...you can buy Sony spare batteries, or even some third-party brands, and swap batteries as often as you need.

3.) Has anyone used the 6/7 with the Nikon 16-35 F4? was thinking it would be a nice WA lens for landscape with MF + peaking.

Can't help here, as I haven't used that lens or have a 6 or 7 - but MF and peaking is a very nice combination.

4.) Can any other buttons on the 6 be programed for exposure compensation or AEL/AF lock? any difference with the 7? From what ive read the real dial doesnt do anything in Av mode? weird..

As far as I know, all the NEX cameras have AE lock and exposure compensation - the exposure compensation is usually already provided in the 4-way pad controls, in the bottom position, so it doesn't need to be programmed.  AE Lock should be available in the programmed control options for several buttons - on my NEX-5N I've added AE Lock to the right button of the 4-way pad.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow