Which lens to buy and does having an APS-C sensor camera effect the lens I buy and the way its used?

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adrianandmel
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Which lens to buy and does having an APS-C sensor camera effect the lens I buy and the way its used?
Nov 23, 2012

In the process of buying a new lens for my Canon 60D. Currently using the 17-200 and although it does the trick, I really am looking to get a lens specifically for photographing people. My wife is having a baby soon and would like to get some really great shots with blurred background. I have looked at a few and have been told the 50mm 1.2 is the way to go. Then I was told the 50mm is really for a full frame and that number differs on an APS-C sensor camera. I tell you what, it is just so confusing and really need some help. I don't know if I am asking in the right forum but any information to help would be great. Is the 50mm 1.2 the way to go, does it still reflect a 50mm lens with the 60d and if not, what lens is the equivalent to the 50mm?

Hope someone can help. I also have some other questions about aperture and what not but I'll keep this one short and sweet.

adrianandmel's gear list:adrianandmel's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Apple Aperture +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
50mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow