OMD sensor cleaning

Started Nov 21, 2012 | Questions thread
phototransformations
Senior MemberPosts: 2,808Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD sensor cleaning
In reply to SeeRoy, Nov 23, 2012

SeeRoy wrote:

Yeah, "bulb mode" was pretty stupid of me... Two DSLRs...

I just took a squint at the sensor in the course of applying the rocket blower and to my amazement I can see some marks on the sensor that look almost like finger marks. They definitely aren't mine however and given that the camera's packaging was unopened when I bought it the only culprit must be Olympus themselves. Not sure what to do about this. My experience of the suppliers, Park Cameras is not good despite having spent a lot of money with them. I really don't fancy wet-cleaning the IBIS sensor even if someone with more nerve than me has already got away with it.

Roy

A less drastic cleaning method you might try before either doing a wet clean or sending the camera in to Olympus is to use a SensorKlear pen. Like the LensPen on which they are modeled, the SensorKlear pens seem very good, in my experience, at wiping away smears. Just be sure to blow off any loose dust first, then blow off any of the fine carbon powder the SensorKlear might leave behind after you do the cleaning.

phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow