BIFs from Jupiter Inlet

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
lpammann
Senior MemberPosts: 2,178Gear list
Like?
To: J Posthuma - here is the other Jupiter :-)
In reply to J Posthuma, Nov 23, 2012

Thanks, and here is an image I made of Jupiter on the night of Nov. 12-13 from 29 shots. This one is down-sized from 2000x1440 and shows Jupiter's moons, from left to right, Ganymede, Io, Jupiter, Europa, Callisto. Jupiter's Great Red Spot has faded considerably but is visible on the lower cloud belt just to the left of the meridian.

Here is a 100% crop that just shows Io but gives a better view of the Great (not so) Red Spot covering part of the southern belt:

Jupiter will reach opposition next month, so I hope to get better shots then. This was taken with my K5 attached to a TV 4x Powermate + TV85 scope which results in a focal length of 2400mm. I may eventually get an astro CCD camera, but right now I'm considering purchase of a K5-IIs to use for astro shots with my gear in addition to regular shooting.

LPA

lpammann's gear list:lpammann's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow