Overcoming some of the limitations of a D600

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
D Knisely
Senior MemberPosts: 1,687
Like?
Re: Overcoming some of the limitations of a D600
In reply to Ernie Misner, Nov 22, 2012

Ernie Misner wrote:

Can someone please summarize the differnces in AF-on button operation between the D600 and the D700? (I realize the D600 button is not actually an AF-on button but can be programmed to do the job) What I want to know is why the D600 will not be good for following focus and what the difference in VR operation is when programmed to use the AF-on button rather than the shutter button. (D700, the VR still remains on the shutter button half press but on the D600, focus AND VR will both be on the AF-on button?)

Thanks loads, Ernie Misner

I have not noticed any differences whatsoever with respect to the behavior of the AF-ON capability (with AF-C mode).  I use AF-ON all the time, for years on the D700, and on the D600 since it started shipping.  I have seen reference to VR being activated on the D600 by AF-ON, but in practice I don't notice the difference because I'm always waking up the metering with a shutter half-press anyway.  I suppose that I might be able to skip that, but it is now innate behavior that I don't even think twice about.  

Doug

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow