Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
aus4ever
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,290Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus p-400 printer color mis-registered
In reply to Bill Randall, Nov 22, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

elainek wrote:

I have not used my p-400 printer for ages. I started it up and the colors come out fine (sharp and bright) but the three colors were mis-registered in the horizontal direction. I could see how things would go out of whack in the vertical direction but not the side to side since the paper and films are all held firm as it lays the film on the paper. I switched to a new color cartridge (same), changed program from pdf to photoshop (same). I can't imagine what's wrong or what to do.

Did you perform all the system check and maintenance steps built into your printer?

Check to make certain you installed the correct cartridge and that the colors are in the order they are suppose to be in. Print a photo using Windows Explorer and see if it prints correctly.

When I updated to Windows 7, my printer was not compatible and there was no updated driver. Epson indicated there would not be an updated driver. I had to get a new printer.

I have an Epson scanner that has become obsolete for the same reason.  I shall avoid Epson in future.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow