Why can't Dinosaurs have Co-Existed with Humans?

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
aus4ever
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,451Gear list
Like?
Re: Analects of Confucius 論語
In reply to Wyville, Nov 22, 2012

Wyville wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

No, but that is an integral part of our heritage that we learned at school. My wife reads more books than I do but every now and then I can teach her a thing or two. The trick is to make her feel that she is still the boss.

You have a Chinese background? At least it sounds a bit odd for Australians to learn about Confucius.

I have always been a Chinese.  I met a 12 year old girl on the train, Caucasian.  She was studying Hanyu Pinyin .  That's impressive.  My sons can only speak Cantonese other than English.

My wife and I are both working on a PhD. We can always teach each other new things since we specialize in different areas of biology.

My elder son (23) always went into the garden as a little boy.  We knew he's into something because he was not doing gardening.  He is now doing a PhD in Ecology.

The wisdom of those people are truly fascinating, consider the fact that they lived 2500 years before us.

That's why I love my historical work. There is always something that can be learned from the past.

I like reading history too.  There is so much to learn from the past.  As Bismarck said, "Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.", and Emperor Tang Taizong said this when one of his advisors died.  The translation is from Wikiquote .

"With a bronze mirror, one can see whether he is properly attired; with history as a mirror, one can understand the rise and fall of a nation; with men as a mirror, one can see whether he is right or wrong."

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow