Started Nov 22, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
janeenadamsmartin
Contributing MemberPosts: 608Gear list
Like?
FZ200: Error message to turn camera off/on
Nov 22, 2012

I just returned from a hike where I had numerous (>15) error messages that either said "turn camera off/on" or "Zoom error."   Each was fixed by turning camera off/on, but once I let the camera dangle from my Joby sling strap at my side and hiked a bit more distance, I would pick it up and find the error again.

I just got the camera on Monday and today was the first outing.  The only thing I can think of that was new was the attachment to the sling strap and having it jostle along as I hiked  (tho not much, the strap was perfect and held it close to my side -- beats a neck strap!) and that I attached the lens hood.

Otherwise I couldn't pinpoint if it was happening with zoom extended vs retracted, or in a specific shooting mode.

The manual doesn't have a listing for "Zoom error" and implies the "on/off" message is due to pressing on the lens -- which I suppose *could* have happened while hanging freely -- but if so, then it is REALLY sensitive and the use of the shoulder strap is doomed...

Any one else run into the same thing?

jan

janeenadamsmartin's gear list:janeenadamsmartin's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow