Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
d80russ
Contributing MemberPosts: 754
Like?
white 24" iMac
Nov 22, 2012

I'm still chugging along with my white iMac with the 256mb card and maxed out at 3GB RAM.

I upgraded to Lion so I could do the Cloud with my iPod but that turned out to nil.  With Lion I lost MS Word.  I upgraded Aperture and it runs worse. I think that it ran better with Snow Leopard. I also use CS4. I still have a drive with my computer on Snow Leopard so it would be easy to return to it. Would that be a good idea?

I'm also considering putting a small SSD where the optical drive hooks up and then putting the OS and Applications on it to speed things up a bit. Would that be a good idea and how big would it need to be?  Also what is the latest version of CS and Elements that my computer will run well? My camera is 12mp. I don't use photoshop a lot any more. With Snow Leopard the tools kept up better and with Lion the lag is a drag.

The 24" matte screen is as beautiful as when I bought it and it works great for everything else so there is no need up buy a new computer.

Thanks for any help,

Russ

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow