HELP needed to move windows 7 to a new hard drive using Backup and Restore (PLEASE)

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
KrishnaM
Regular MemberPosts: 384
Like?
Re: Target drive is not large enough....
In reply to Jim Cockfield, Nov 22, 2012

Thanks again for all the replies. The original disc is 640gb (with 350gb data) and the new drive is 500gb. The previous disc was still able to boot up. I was getting the message that hard drive was failing and I should back up soon. The only thing wrong is that for some reason the laptop is not able to connect to internet (both wired and wireless). The problem started same time and I presumed it was from failing hard drive effect. I don't know for sure if the network card is malfunctioning too. I may have to download the Macrium on to usb key and then transfer it to laptop. It seems from Macrium website that the 'disc space management' feature is not available on free version. I don't mind purchasing the standard version if needed. I'll go through the user manual and will contact you all before starting the process.

Krishna

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow