Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,130Gear list
Like?
i9900 printer, replacement for ilford classic pearl paper? :((
Nov 22, 2012

I have an i9900 printer that I had a professional printer profile made for my specific printer and ilfords classic pearl paper. I've always gotten great results, good clean bright colors etc. I was getting low on paper and discovered they decided to discontinue it. I think I found some old stock that will keep me going for a while.

Anyway, this paper was a polymer (swellable) media for use with dye printers and really worked well with them. Are there any other papers that are like this paper? Aren't the replacements more optimized for pigment printers? That's what I seem to be reading in my research. I would prefer a pearl finish but would accept a gloss finish if that's all anyone makes in this type of swellable dye optimized paper.

I really love the output from this printer, it does 13X19 which is nice, it doesn't use a lot of ink and has never clogged once even after sitting idle. I'd hate to have to replace it only because there isn't any good paper for it.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow