Great photoshoot today! Another winner! (D600 img)

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
phototrope
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
Re: Be careful
In reply to NeilJones, Nov 22, 2012

NeilJones wrote:

phototrope wrote:

We've all taken pictures of subjects which show accidentally shows that at the most. Most of us delete these in-camera, if not at the first stage of the post-production workflow.

But to post them on a public forum without their prior permission is not only unprofessional. It's sick to the point of being perverted.

It's obvious to 99% of the people on this forum by now that you are doing this as some kind of private joke. Your profile claims you are a comedian. Even comedians have at least a shred of integrity.

How would your "clients" feel if they knew you are posting their worst pictures onto a worldwide forum for a joke? I know professional photographers whose careers have been ruined for far more minor breaches of confidence than this.

I know criminals who have more respect for other human beings.

-- hide signature --

"The job of the photographer is not to record indisputable fact but to try to be coherent about intuition and hope."
-- Robert Adams

I have permission to post any image I please from this shoot.

My Clients (friends in this case too) find this hilarious.

-- hide signature --

It's just photography, lighten up.

Well at least you've admitted that you do this for laughs, and that you were being dishonest when you said: "One of my favorites from the shoot. Love the lighting and naturalness of this wonderful image."

The next stage is to see that this joke is getting very old. If you're client/friends consent to this kind of behaviour, then its not them you are disrespecting but the other readers of this forum who expect to read posts about Nikon gear or see pictures which the poster honestly wants feedback about.

-- hide signature --

"The job of the photographer is not to record indisputable fact but to try to be coherent about intuition and hope."
-- Robert Adams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow