ADMint
Contributing MemberPosts: 877Gear list
Like?
Re: Problem solved
In reply to 5tve, Nov 22, 2012

5tve wrote:

AlexCri wrote:

Hi all,

It was finally a sofware problem. When I unistanlled ViewNx2 and Capture NX2 and I reinstalled them. The Capture NX2 was able to open D800NEF. I then also updated my version to 2.3.5.

Only one time while I was attempting to open one file it said "impossible to load the file", but at the second trial it worked.

Thank you guys for you support it was really helpful!

Alex

I did hear about Nikon Transfer 1.5.3 causing corrupt Nef's

http://nikonrumors.com/forum/topic.php?id=5578

If you have one of the newer cameras: D4, D800/E, D600, you really should be using ViewNX2, which now incorporates Nikon Transfer 2 in it. If you are using a standalone version of Nikon Transfer with one of the above cameras... expect corrupt NEF files.

Bottom line... the standalone version Nikon Transfer does NOT support the above cameras! You need ViewNX2, which includes Nikon Transfer 2.

Also note that ViewNX2 was just updated. I got notified last night and did the update. No issues noted.

Later.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

ADMint's gear list:ADMint's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow