Pondering Fujifilm's Lack Of Transparency And The X-tans Sensor Future - Dead End?

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
framus
Contributing MemberPosts: 847Gear list
Like?
Pondering Fujifilm's Lack Of Transparency And The X-tans Sensor Future - Dead End?
Nov 22, 2012

As much as I appreciate my X-pro1 I'm starting to wonder if I will continue to expand my kit. This train of thought had evolved as I'e been thinking hard about if I will get and X-e1 as a second body to accompany my X-pro1.

A recent conversation with the folks who develop Photo Ninja http://www.picturecode.com/index.php  where they mention that they are skeptical about supporting the X-trans files got me to thinking.  By and large, it is clear that it is problematic for raw converters to deal optimally with the X-trans raw files.   Fuji have not directly communicated about what they are doing to facilitate development by the raw converter vendors.

I find the X-pro1 to be an excellent camera. I'm happy with the ooc jpegs. Generally when I do convert raw files (using LR4.2) I'm satisfied. Oh, and for me, life's too short to use software with a UI that is  as deficient as  Silkypix.

Having said all that, I'm becoming reluctant to invest any more in the Fujifilm X-series cameras and lenses.  I don't want to invest in a system that excels with ooc jpegs but has significant limitations when it comes to raw conversion.

If Fujifilm can't/won't say what they are doing to complement development of raw conversion of X-trans files I have to wonder why.

I'm becoming inclined to think this may be a  dead end.  

-Framus

I've communicated this to Fujifilm USA and am not optimistic that I'll get a response.

framus's gear list:framus's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
DXONew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow