Which Compact Flash Memory Card is Adequate?

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wasserball
Senior MemberPosts: 2,491Gear list
Like?
Which Compact Flash Memory Card is Adequate?
Nov 22, 2012

I am wondering if I really need the fastest CF card out there. That one is the Lexar 16GB 1000x UDMA 7 CF Compact Flash Memory Cards, which cost about $70. Currently, I am using a SanDisk CF Ultra CompactFlash 30MB/s 8GB ($29.79) in my D3s for sports photography, in burst mode, at night, in dark high school stadiums. 8GB is sufficient memory for one night of shooting at jpg normal. I don't need fine since most of the photos are viewed in facebook and flickr. I would never shoot RAW since that will take up too much of my time to process.

My question is whether the Lexar will improve the burst rate over the SadDisk CF. I know the Lexar will download to my laptop faster, but that is not as important to me as improving burst rate, if that is possible. So, should I go buy the Lexar to improve burst rate?

wasserball's gear list:wasserball's gear list
Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow