Your photo backup routine??

Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
TheRidgeback
Regular MemberPosts: 100Gear list
Like?
Re: Your photo backup routine??
In reply to Ernie Misner, Nov 22, 2012

I used to use a built in Raid device on my Windows Machine, That was untill the master drive failed, and i lost everything, and yes i did back up the config files for the raid.
But due to the way in which the Raid worked, I was unable to recover anything.
If you try and re install the Master drive set up, It reformats the drive, so was pretty useless.
My only saving grace was I had just finished copying my photos over to DVD about a week earlier, From that i then learnt a valuable lesson, ALWAYS back up onto a different device.
Now I currently have the following,

Windows 7 Pro Machine, with  3 * 2TB disks,
One 2TB Disk set up with various versions of Windows and Unix,

the second 2TB Disk with all of my Docs, music, photos, ect, partitioned into various partitions
The third one disk solely for Photos & Music backup. 
The second disk, is backed up onto a 8TB Qnap 419P+ Raid server. as are my windows configuration, this is done on an hourly incremental basis.

this Qnap is then backed up onto an old Drobo Raid server using the onboard Qnap backup.
Mac

TheRidgeback's gear list:TheRidgeback's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Jim,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow