Will a Canon OC-E3 flash extension cord fit in-between a flash and a flash foot?

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Thorbard
Contributing MemberPosts: 680Gear list
Like?
Re: Will a Canon OC-E3 flash extension cord fit in-between a flash and a flash foot?
In reply to hjulenissen, Nov 22, 2012

hjulenissen wrote:

I want to purchase a Canon OC-E3 flash extension cord (or a China copy one) for use on my 580EXII and 430EX flashes and my 7D camera. Thing is, I have a Lastolite Brollygrip, featuring a regular flash connector.

http://www.lastolite.com/brolly-grip.php

So will the OC-E3 fit in-between those two, providing a sturdy mechanical solution?

regards

-h

The flash end of the OC-E3 has a tripod mounting screw and a standard sized flash mount that should work with your brollygrip. You'll have to check the individual specification of any other cords though, they aren't all direct copies.

Remember that the Canon OC-E3 isn't particularly long so you wont be able to get the brolly very far from the camera.

Have you tried using your 7D to wirelessy trigger the flashes remotely?

Thorbard's gear list:Thorbard's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow