Try before you buy! XS-1 over FZ200

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
antoineb
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,922Gear list
Like?
stopped using Flickr some time ago
In reply to eagle2a, Nov 22, 2012

thank you for taking the time to go to my Flickr account

I find that I rarely use Flickr if any at all these days, and this has been the case for the past 1-2 years or so.  As I've been using my iPhone's camera seriously only for the past year or so, by definition there are very little of my iPhone shots on Flickr.

I must be the exception rather than the rule, as Flickr statistics clearly show the iPhone to be by far the camera behind the majority of shots posted there.

back to IQ:

- I'm not so much of a fool, that I don't realise how under various circumstances my DSLR cannot obviously beat the IQ of my iPhone:  it has faster AF so will nail moving things (but can't film them),  it is much better at low ISO and/or in low light

- I personally wouldn't do a poster from an iPhone shot.  But I have done some posters that show very good detail from my FZ-18 superzoom (from 2007) and its tiny 1/2.3'' chip.  And I have been to exhibitions where talented artists had produced great results from their iPhones and those were displayed poster size

antoineb's gear list:antoineb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus TG-610 Nikon D7000 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow