Why can't Dinosaurs have Co-Existed with Humans?

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
aus4ever
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,412Gear list
Like?
Re: Analects of Confucius 論語
In reply to Wyville, Nov 22, 2012

Wyville wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

Wyville wrote:

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”

Chapter 2: Governing, point 17
"知之為知之 不知為不知 是知也."

“He who learns but does not think, is lost. He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.”

Chapter 2: Governing, point 15
"學而不思則罔、思而不學則殆."

Two quotes from Confucius that (although taken a little out of their original context) are quite apt here. (Reminds me that I never finished reading the Analects. Should really pick it up again.)

You are going to make a lot of next generation Chinese blush. [sigh]

"吾生也有涯 而知也無涯." ~ 莊子

There is an end to my life, but there is no end to learning. ~ Zhuang Zi

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

Are you a scholar?

No, but that is an integral part of our heritage that we learned at school.  My wife reads more books than I do but every now and then I can teach her a thing or two.  The trick is to make her feel that she is still the boss. 

It was only a fleeting interest of mine a few years ago. It still interests me, but I haven't got the time and energy for it anymore as I'm up to my neck in books already.

I always like how there are some universal wisdoms that transcend time and culture, especially when it comes to learning. "Know thyself"

The wisdom of those people are truly fascinating, consider the fact that they lived 2500 years before us.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow