red interior of black X100 leather case: does it ruin its 'stealthiness'? pictures and opinions?

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Questions thread
thomo
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
Re: red interior of black X100 leather case: does it ruin its 'stealthiness'? pictures and opinions?
In reply to Ryan Williams, Nov 22, 2012

Ryan Williams wrote:

Out of curiosity, why do people bother with half-cases? Isn't the whole point of case to protect it from the elements when not in use? I can't imagine how a half-case will provide any meaningful protection at all during storage, especially as it's only the areas an owner is least likely to be concerned about that're covered.

I can understand cases where they the top half can be taken off during use, but I see a lot of people seemingly going around with cases that cover half the camera and that's it.

The half case is not to protect the camera in storage - it's to protect when you have it around your neck or shoulder on the strap. Mostly it protects the sides and bottom which is most likely impacted. I have an after market adapter and lens hood (identical to the original fuji ones) and if they get damaged I just throw them away and replace them. I think in totla they cost about $20 on eBay from china.

thomo's gear list:thomo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow