Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 12,983Gear list
Like?
Camera vanishes without a trace
Nov 22, 2012

I went to the dpreview camera feature search and selected compact, and show advanced feature search.  I then ticked sensor type, zoom wide, zoom tele, max aperture, then pushed the wide angle slider down to 24mm, the tele to 320mm (max) aperture to f2.8 and ticked BSI-CMOS and I am left with only one camera.

You guessed it, yes the samsung WB850F.  This camera exceeds against other such travel zoom cameras at least in its advanced hardware, yet its become as invisible and secret as the EX2F and the EX1 before it.

You would think that a camera that excels would be all over at least this forum, but apart from a few early complaints about battery life which I believe have been addressed by a FW upgrade, there is not a whisper here about it.

Why I stumbled onto this secret camera is because I am going on a trip in the new year and wondered what camera could deliver the most, and it turns out to be the WB850F

I guess its par for the course for a samsung camera to dissappear without trace.  But is there anyone out there who can provided any feedback about this model?

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Samsung EX2F Samsung TL500 (EX1) Samsung WB850F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow