BIF- Cropping EF 100-400 L IS vs Tamron 70-300 SP VC Photos ?

Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
maarensv
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?
Re: BIF- Cropping EF 100-400 L IS vs Tamron 70-300 SP VC Photos ?
In reply to Glenn_Sydney, Nov 22, 2012

Glenn_Sydney wrote:

Thanks for your input Sanckor,

I noticed i do have to stop the Tammy down to f8 for it to shine. Do you find it you can get similar or better results with the canon fully open? Also, does the 100mm extra reach of the canon make that much difference in the real world ? Interested to hear about this.Thanks

In the range below 200mm the Tamron is that good that it is better than the Canon, but from 200mm and up yes, even wide open I can get at least the same results as with the Tamron.

As I wrote I started to miss the range of the Canon after I'd sold it. That was the reason to buy one back. So for me the extra 100mm does make a difference in real life. Is it worth the extra amount of money ? For me it does.

But hey, the 100-400 is a lens that can be rented at about any lens rental shop, so why not try one before you decide to buy one?

Regards, Sandor.

maarensv's gear list:maarensv's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow