Why I'm not waiting for a D400

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ronan_M
Contributing MemberPosts: 944
Like?
Re: I agree
In reply to jfriend00, Nov 22, 2012

I have no issues with sensor type. That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm basically saying that mirrorless (regardless of sensor type CX / DX / FX - if it fits), is now and will be even more so in the future as capable as DSLRs, and while many ppl have a good reason to own one now, I think those reasons will be less and less in the future as more diverse offerings are available.

Ok, so you have a bunch of DX/FX lenses, so you're going to keep your DSLR. Great. Now think that every year there are millions of potential new customers with no affiliation to brand nor lens ownership that will want a camera system. If you're Nikon, you'd want them to jump on board of the most profitable camera system you have....from my PoV, that will be the mirrorless.

Of course there will be ppl that will want a point and shoot, but for those wanting a bit more -or even a LOT more-, you will want to make mirrorless as attractive as possible by including "pro" features such as great AF, incredible FPS, good video, weatherproofing, etc. Take that, add portability and affordability and you've got a winner all the way.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow