ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pimpleportrait
Senior MemberPosts: 1,078
Like?
Lens Decision, 45, 60macro or 75
Nov 22, 2012

Hi Forum,

I have the OMD-EM5 purchased a month ago as a second camera along with the 45f1.8 for my trip to Indonesia.  During my travels through this vast archipelago, I ended up using this combo as my prime camera over my Canon 60D with 70-300 combo.

I am mostly into outdoor portraiture and street work.  Today I tested out the 60macro which also happens to be weather sealed.  I am not sure if this feature is overrated; In a heavy downpour or dust storm, most people would be seeking shelter and will be putting away their gear anyway.

I was looking at the 60 but now the 75 seems more tempting, perhaps the extra reach over the 45 being the temptation.  Almost anyone would agree that looks is also a major factor.  The 75 looks quite impressive and has the bonus of being as sharp as hell.  Both lenses have a 20% cash back from Olympus over here in Melbourne, Australia.

Has anyone used the 60 or 75 or both?  If Oly had a prime 100f2.8, the answer would be simpler.

Thanks

Ben

www.benizisantamaria.com

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow