On my second D600: Broken diopter adjustment

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
DennisS
Contributing MemberPosts: 876
Like?
Re: Further follow up and it gets weirder
In reply to Robertomendo, Nov 22, 2012

I just wanted to post a follow up to let people know what happened in my case. After getting the 2nd camera with a diopter that just did not work I was about to give up. I left the camera overnight and the next day all of a sudden the viewfinder is clear and the diopter works. Understand, this camera was not bumped or anything.

This leads me to believe that there is some sort of initialization or calibration that the camera does that may not have happened the first few hours I was using it. Remember, in my case the very first lens I put on the camera was a manual focus AIS lens. I have no idea if this has anything to do with it.

Anyway, if you have a camera where the diopter is not doing anything, let it sit a day or two and see if it works. Mine is working fine now.

Yes, I know how totally bizarre this all sounds. Could the diopter be electrically calibrated or something? All of my other Nikons are just a straight forward design (F4, F5, F100 etc) that is mechanical. Is it possible that on the D600 there is some sort of electronic adjustment?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow