Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Baxter Bad
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Re: K-5 II Review at ephotozine
In reply to moving_comfort, Nov 22, 2012

moving_comfort wrote:

Baxter Bad wrote:

I love ePhotozine reviews. They're timely, concise, and they show examples of all the in-camera filters. K5-II is a killer - if only Pentax would give us a compact, fast, weather-sealed 24mm to go with it.

Interestingly that's the reason Mike Johnston gave for just selling his K-5. Some folks really know what they want/need in a focal length, good for them.

What would be an intriguing option IMO is if Sigma reintroduced their old 24mm f/2.8 as a III version, with updated coatings. The Super-wide II version is very small, very sharp, but is a flare monster when shot without a hood. With a coating update it would be a killer lens on both aps-c and FF.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

A revised Sigma would be welcome, especially if it looks and performs like their new 35/1.4.

I just read the TOP post about the K-5 and agree with his opinion about the 35mm equivalent focal. I compromised with the 21mm but some new fast wide-angle primes are desperately needed. The perpetually out-of-stock Panasonic 20mm was a memo to the industry that Pentax seems to have missed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow