ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Etweb
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Beach Camera
Nov 22, 2012

Hi guys,

I bought on of their K5 kits, unaware that it was not an official Pentax kit till it arrived. After closer inspection I was that I had a 18-55 DAL kit lens, not WR. I checked their product page then (which clearly shows the WR lens) to see a sentence "NOT THE WR LENS" further down. I am a little upset - first because I missed that and second because I think it s a little sleazy to do it like this.

I then called to obtain a return number. I am not all that wild about the lens, but I really wanted the WR version as it has quick shift (for what it is worth) and would be my bad weather lens that goes with a WR sealed body. Compared to the Canon and Nikon Kit lenses I have seen it was not even that bad, actually build quality seems to be pretty good for a cheap lens.

Upon further inspection I noticed that Beach Camera does not only show the wrong picture on the main page, but also the wrong picture and wrong manufacturer number (the one for the DA II) on the page. Also it lists the hood as included but it is not.

I am burning to take some more pictures but so far I only too like 3 shoots and I dont want to use a camera I have to send back. I offered to send back the lens only but they did not want that (why I have no clue as they sell the body on its own and its in two boxes, I guess they dont want to make money with me). I feel like I should call again and see about the "missing" and mislabeled equipment (the DA II has quickshift and a metal bayonet ?)

What do you think? Is it worth the hazzle? The lens cost me $70 compared to the body only price.. if I send it back I have to spend another $10 on shipping...

So let this be a warning (I found some threads and they seem to do this regularly) and a question for advice..

Best

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow