Confused between 60D, 7D and Nikon D7000

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
maarensv
Regular MemberPosts: 494Gear list
Like?
Re: You don't have a choice really.
In reply to ankydu1, Nov 21, 2012

ankydu1 wrote:

Can any Nikon users also comment about the D7000, as nearly in every forum I find atleast 1 comment about focusing problems. And about 60D, please more users comment about darker pictures compared to other canon models.

Hi,

I can not comment on the 60D, but I can on the D7000 and 7D. I own a 7D and use a D7000 occasionally. Thus far I've experienced more focus problems with the D7000 than with the 7D. In most cases I use a single AF point (the center one) in non-tracking mode. Also the D7000 seems to focus slower : there is some "focus lag". Maybe this is due to the lenses used.

Nikon has a name being better build than Canon cameras. With the entry level cams yes, but with these two no. At least not what is my impression, I definitely prefer the Canon.

Based on IQ I prefer the Nikon. At lower iso there is not much difference, but high iso noise of the D7000 handles better that that of the 7D. I find jpegs on the Nikon better than that of the Canon (almast always use RAW anyway).

Still 7D for me.

Regards, Sandor.

maarensv's gear list:maarensv's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow