Sony has three different new FF prototypes in the works …

Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michaels7
Regular MemberPosts: 499Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony has three different new FF prototypes in the works …
In reply to moimoi, Nov 21, 2012

moimoi wrote:

Michaels7 wrote:

moimoi wrote:

unravel wrote:

what sony needs to release is an answer to d600, hell make it cheaper if possible. i believe capitalizing on existing apsc prosumers who want to go FF is where the money would be.. they would really peak my interest at least.. but this is just one man's opinion

By selling the A99 at 2100-200 USD, that would be a very strong competitor to the D600, more importantly, they do share the same sensor.

I think the a99 is overpriced by 600-700 USD, and with the arrival of the Canon 6D (same price tag as the D600), the a99 will have a hard time to compete.

-- hide signature --

All harsh, impolite and/or unreasonable replies will be simply ignored.
Measurebators are out of my world, photography is not about babbling behind a computer... but rather being out of your home, shoot and share photographs with other people. Shoot and Share...Thanks.

Yeah, over priced if you're comparing it to the 6D. But of you're comparing it to the cameras that it was meant to be compared to, D800 and 5D III, it's not over priced. Those two cameras cost more.

Both D800 and 5DIII are superior. For the D800, it is the resolution king, and has even better noise as the a99. For the D5III, you can't compete with its auto-focus. Absolutely first class. Both cameras are also better built, and are much weather sealed.

-- hide signature --

All harsh, impolite and/or unreasonable replies will be simply ignored.
Measurebators are out of my world, photography is not about babbling behind a computer... but rather being out of your home, shoot and share photographs with other people. Shoot and Share...Thanks.

You post is really debatable in those classes. I've read the opposite on the Sony A99 vs 5D III in the auto focus department. Sony has better video than those two in that department. Point here, all three have some advantages and disadvantages. But these are subtle advantages. All of that is irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that the A99 is geared towards the same people that use those two cameras. Again, the D600 is a lower end camera without the bells and whistles that the D800, 5D III and A99 have. If the price is going to hurt the A99, the same will apply to the other two. And this will have nothing to do with the quality of those cameras, but more related to the fact that it's a 2 grand camera with a full frame sensor that's producing good images for a much lower price than the 3 above.

Michaels7's gear list:Michaels7's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow