Why do I enjoy my X-E1 so much? Here is one reason...

Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
awelch100
Regular MemberPosts: 273Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do I enjoy my X-E1 so much? Here is one reason...
In reply to Jay A, Nov 21, 2012

What you are saying is fair, but the discussion is about which system I prefer to use, after all, I started the thread. ;).

Everything has advantages and disadvantages. If I was going to do landscapes, where resolution is the end all be all, then I would choose a full frame camera, no doubt. Why would anyone who primarily does landscapes even consider a NEX or X-E1? The best full frame sensors are better than the best APS-C sensors, there is no argument. However, my 2012 APS-C sensor X-E1 produces images that are on par with my 2008 full frame 5D MkII and it is much smaller and weighs far less. The performance of APS-C sensors has improved dramatically in recent years, my old Canon 40D can't compete with the X-E1. Yes, full frame sensors have made similar progress, but I had to ask myself when is enough enough? For me, and my type of work, the large difference in weight, size and general conspicousness is much more important than the smaller difference in image quality. For commercial photographers or those who specialize in landscapes, there is never enough resolution, therefore a 36MP full frame camera is the right tool for the job. For me it isn't.

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-E1 w/ 35mm f/1.4 and 18mm f/2.0www
Canon 5D MkII w/ 24-70 f/2.8, Sigma 50 f/1.4, Canon 85 f/1.8, etc, etc...
www.apwimages.com

awelch100's gear list:awelch100's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow