Sony NEX-6 vs Fuji X-E1 video comparison

Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
jafary
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-6 vs Fuji X-E1 video comparison
In reply to losangeles, Nov 21, 2012

Although nothing is rigorous in their tests, I liked this review very much. It's more about user experience shooting with these two nice cameras.

My conclusion is: The Fuji is definitely better in image quality, thanks to its sensor technology,absence of AA filter, better JPEG engine and better kit lens. However I think RAW comparison with same lens (they did compare both cameras with the same Leica lens, but in JPEG only) will show less difference.

Sony on the other hand is more versatile with the flipping screen,  video features, ease of manual focus and compact size. (That Fuji 18-55 looks even bigger when extended)

Being mainly a still shooter I was leaning to the Fuji, but the price difference ($400 with kit, even more when adding another fast prime lens) made me go for the NEX 6. I've been shooting with it for 2 weeks now and I'm very satisfied. Poor D90, looking fat and lonely in the camera bag

jafary's gear list:jafary's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow