7D... What's my next step? The 7D was OK but not my cup of tea.

Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
7D... What's my next step? The 7D was OK but not my cup of tea.
Nov 21, 2012

I've had the 7D with the 17-55, 50mm, 200 and a cheap kit lens 18-135?? I think the 7D was OK and it was fun to tinker with but I need a better camera.  Look at my Gallary, I had fun with the 7D. I'm not knocking the equipment. I just need more as stated below.

Any advice would be very helpful here is what I need.

1.  Better focusing, color rendition and metering

2.  Very tough frame, able to work in some rough conditions at times with dust, sand, water, cold, heat

3. Video that auto focus. Don't use this much but would like a platform that has it.

4. Ideal would be ability to shoot and see my work as I work on a larger sceen mounted to tripod like an Ipad.  Hard wire or bluetooth both would work best

5. Lens options that are also tough and dust, sand, water harded to some degree as I shoot in extreams.

I'll keep the 7D as a backup camera but I need to really kick things up a notch because I'll be using the new camera at work for TV Network show coverage and the locations at times will be very rough and tough. The 7D was OK but results have been choppy. I'm not knocking the camera, I just need a better platform for my professional needs now vs. personal.

Thank you very much.

TVSTAFF

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow