Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aadler
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Tried to switch..
Nov 21, 2012

A while ago i started to get fed up with the slow AF-performance of my K-5, most noticeably with my da 55-300. With my other lenses i shoot pretty static, or slow moving things, so speed hasn't been that important. Until i started taking photos of our kids playing soccer.

Well, having been impressed with a friend's d700 and its AF I thought I'd jump for a d600. I really tried to like it, and visited the store several times trying it out. But somehow the nikons are so bland. Big and ugly. Might be fast, but where's the soul.. I'd rather stick with the underdog.

So I ended up buying a DA 60-250, and a second hand FA31. I ended up being more stuck with Pentax, and am a happy camper again..

I just hope that the next iteration of K-5 ( K-3 or whatever) has better AF. And that the k-30 design team doesn't come near it!

Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow