'Cheat sheet' for photography

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
virtualkyr
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
Re: Actually a "Cheat Sheet" is a Good Idea, Just not for what you think it is
In reply to stuntmonkey, Nov 21, 2012

I agree, knowing what you want to accomplish with the shot, and then how to get there is really important.

I'm relatively new to all this too, and I'll never forget how excited I was to learn the relationship between Aperature and Shutter Speed, and how ISO plays into that.

To me, it would seem if you were in a hurried situation (wildlife or nature etc) and had to be making decisions in a hurry, you wouldn't want to be trying to refer to a cheat sheet of how to set up the camera. Having some knowledge of the type of scenario you're going to encounter and having the cam sort of pre-configured (whether it be Full M, or A, or S) would make a big difference.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D90, Nikon 17-55 F2.8, Nikon 18-105, Nikon 35mm F1.8 - Sony NX5U - Adobe CS5 Production Premium

virtualkyr's gear list:virtualkyr's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow