ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ol1985
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
NX1000 - Lens choice
Nov 21, 2012

Warning - beginner alert!!

I've just placed an order for the NX1000 twin lens 16mm & 20-50mm. I've been wanting to step up from my point and shoot camera for quite a while and for a beginner this seems as good an option as any based on the reviews and crazy UK deals at the moment!

I'll be buying the 50-200mm lens when the camera arrives, £150 from PCWorld which looks like the best price. From trawling trough these forums it sounds like those three lenses will give me enough scope for a full range of shots. My question is - I've seen that there is a 30mm pancake lens available for £90 (another bargain it seems!), would this offer me anything that the others don't?
I'm wanting to get more serious about photography but invariably there will be occasions when it is used in a more, shall we say, social environment where it reverts back to being a point and shoot, or the touristy self shots taken at arms length. Would the 30mm lens be more suitable to being used in this environment than say the 16mm that I will already have?
I know the 16mm is more for landscapes etc but I've seen sample photos of close ups and other settings.
Thanks and apologies if I've asked a silly question
Samsung NX1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow