Do you know Wengen ?

Started Nov 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
onechobeach Regular Member • Posts: 221
Do you know Wengen ?

Well I have booked another winter visit to Switzerland and 10 days up in the snow.

Last years attempts at photographing skiers were mediocre at best. i used my very best lens , the 200m f2.8 and a 2x extender but still could not get close enough. A week trudging about in the snow trying to find the perfect spot. Enjoyed myself but no keepers, no outstanding photos.

So back again in January and considering renting the 100-400 f 4.5-5.6 . I would love to rent the 400mm 2.8 but that would cost me £610...ouch.

So I have also upgraded my camera to the 5d mk111 so tracking should be easier and i have learnt a lot more in the last 12 months.

So sports photographers, does anyone know the Wengen/Jungfrau area ? Any pointers as to where to go and stand ? Last year i walked everywhere but may buy a lift pass this year. Where to stand ?

Advice.....

Thanks

Phillip

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow