D800: FunctionButton shortcut to auto.iso impossible?!

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
cosmicnode
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: D800: FunctionButton shortcut to auto.iso impossible?!
In reply to Brandon birder, Nov 21, 2012

Brandon birder wrote:

RumpelHund wrote:

Hi all!

Loving my D800 one thing annoys me though and maybe somebody here has a tip for me.

On my D800 I want to change auto-iso properties eventually (like from max duration 1/500 when kids run around to 1/25 if static scene). Put it on Function button first custom list element at D700. On D800 I can only put AutoIso on/off on function-button-custom-list, not the AutoIso properties (max iso, max exposure time).

Any idea how to work around this?

Thanks a lot!

I have the preview function button set to top my menu, which has Iso Sensitivty settings as top item.

One press of preview then I can alter minimum iso, auto iso on off, maximum sensitivity and minimum shutter speed from that screen.

How are you setting this. when I tried I can toggle Auto iso on or off, and set iso sensitivity . But max sensitivity and minimum shutter speed give the result  "this item cannot be used in my menu". Having the iso sensitivity and auto iso sensitivity control on the preview button is simply duplicating the iso buttons propose, plus you need to remove your eye from the viewfinder to use.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow