Considering upgrading from Finepix S700 to F660EXR.

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Questions thread
CAcreeks
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,850
Like?
Re: More comps.
In reply to DS21, Nov 20, 2012

DS21 wrote:

I am generally disappointed in all current compact super-zooms, none have the all-around ability to be like the one camera you have with you all the time. Sony smears detail too much, it's complicated, slow and too many MP. Fuji F600 has flare problems which make me cringe to use it after dark in the city (or around any bright lights), and not so great IS performance when zoomed.

The F600 has the same lens that was on the F550.

The F750 and F770 have either an improved lens, or better processing, which is less prone to veiling glare type of flare. It is far better at wide angle (25mm not 24 equivalent). Still the same kaleidoscope effect shooting into the sun, however. I would not recommend this camera for night shooting - get an F70EXR for that.

The IS performance at the long end is surprisingly good. We are talking 600mm (equivalent) here!

Have to agree that other compact super-zooms are disappointing. As might be the F770 depending on your criteria.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow