Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joseleo Fajardo
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
focus issues with some d600?
Nov 20, 2012

2 weeks back i posted a query regarding focusing using the outer pts of my recent d600. and no matter what lens i use the outer pts of the cross type would simply not focus or continuously hunt, i always use af-s single pt by the way. i thought it was just me since this is my first time handling an fx camera. i was told by some here that it was normal since you will commonly use the crosstype anyway..since i am totally newb.i went to bestbuy to try out their demo..unfortunately the focus button is covered by their locking mechanism. fortunately i have to return my oil splattered d600 back to amazon. today i just got mine and tested the focus pts instantly..and it was fine..it focuses wherever i wanted to.just like in my d90. even in not so low light unlike my previous d600.

is there anybody here having the same problem?

my main concern now is back to the dust/oil problem..i have to test it for 100 shots whether i'll get a splatter again.otherwise i'll return this and ask for refund..and wait for 2-3 more months till nikon fixes this issue..

*update..

after 4 shots..i guess i'm returning it and ask for refund. there is still oil in the upper left and upper middle of the sensor..after adjust a sky photo with lightroom..damn it!!

should i return this or just have it clean once a month? i like the camera but this stupid oil thing..is ruining it.

Nikon D600 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow