A Sky FULL of Paragliders - Just Enjoy!!

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 21,687
Like?
A Sky FULL of Paragliders - Just Enjoy!!
Nov 20, 2012

November 11: a cool but sunny day and just perfect for a walk on the beach.

We teamed up with our friends and the dog. At first I did not even plan to take a camera, but our lady friend said it would be the first ever visit of their one-year old dog to the seaside.

I took the E-3 with ZD12-60. And just before the car took off from our home, I jumped out and got the ZD50-200 in a case to hang from my belt.

Boy, was I glad that I had done that!

Because less than one hour into our walk, we spotted something peculiar above the dunes in the far distance.

The result is here : http://roelh.zenfolio.com/p502883993

(Go there for maximal viewing size with slideshow button; all shots E-3 and those two lenses).

Just three samples to whet your appetite :

From very far (using the telephoto to actually see what was precisely there : just kites or ULMs or what else?) :

Closer for a series of shots of one glider:

After a good cold beer at a beach pavillion and walking back over the crest of the dunes to where we had parked the car, the magnitude of the event really hit us :

The gallery contains many more images, and also a link to a short video on Vimeo, made with a GoPro Hero helmet camera by one of the gliders, with whom I exchanged names.  Use the "slideshow" button (top right) to view the images at the maximum size that your monitor will allow.

All comments are welcome, as always.

-- hide signature --

/Roel Hendrickx/
lots of *images*: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field *report* from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow