XE1 black body in stock in the US? (other than Amazon)

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
arhmatic
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: XE1 black body in stock in the US? (other than Amazon)
In reply to Photo-Wiz, Nov 20, 2012

Photo-Wiz wrote:

arhmatic wrote:

pghrugger wrote:

Anyone know where I can pick up a black XE1 body in the US other than Amazon? Jerks decided to start collecting sales tax for orders shipped to PA.

Jerks decided to collect sales tax for orders shipped to CA. Just now, after over a dozen orders places with them over the years...

You can refer to them as jerks, but those sale and use taxes pay for the local services in your community such as building and repairing roads, fire department, police department, education etc. Even when the sale tax is not charged by an out of state store, some of us report the purchase on our tax return and pay the required Use Tax.

While I agree and have no problem paying sales tax, I find it hard to understand Amazon's random decision add sales tax on this particular sale ONLY.

This is an item sold by the same old Amazon, same Amazon who sold me numerous items before and after my X-E1 pre-order, not a third party seller located who knows where.

Someone please enlighten me.

arhmatic's gear list:arhmatic's gear list
Leica M Typ 240
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow