Stv
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,502Gear list
Like?
Re: Wild price difference: U.S vs Canadian
In reply to Sam_Oslo, Nov 20, 2012

Sam_Oslo wrote:

Stv wrote:

Sam_Oslo wrote:

It's nice to hear the new one is "as good as the CANIKON", but welcome to currency wars.

In these days where all government are racing to print fiat-currency without any kind of gold-backing, it's really hard to determine the real value of US or Canadian papers. But the same is true about euro, yen, etc ..

If I'm not mistaking, these big variations in exchange rates are usually symptoms for a loomimg hyperinflation, and in case, these papers will become totally valueless.

Sorry bub, the currency exchange rate between US & CA is negligible as already noted. The reason for the price differences is economies of scale and also the mark-up spreads required between mail order and brick and mortar businesses.

Stv

-- hide signature --

Simplify_balancE_eXclude = photo SEX
The First rule of photography is; there are no rules. The Second rule of photography is the; rule of Thirds. The Third rule of photography is; if the Second rule does not apply, defer to the First rule.
http://stv.smugmug.com/

Come On bub, that's over 30% markup. None of mail order companies have a 30% margin. If the currency exchange rate between US & CA is negligible, how can they sell it so much cheaper?.

I just explained it to you "BUB" as succinctly as I could. The rest is up to you, like a post secondary education and 35 years in retail and industrial product, cross-border sales.

Google is your friend................

Stv

-- hide signature --

Simplify_balancE_eXclude = photo SEX
The First rule of photography is; there are no rules. The Second rule of photography is the; rule of Thirds. The Third rule of photography is; if the Second rule does not apply, defer to the First rule.
http://stv.smugmug.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow