It's not a P&S, or my Nex-5 frustration

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,175Gear list
Like?
Re: It's not a P&S, or my Nex-5 frustration
In reply to GaryW, Nov 20, 2012

GaryW wrote:

I'd really like that 24/1.8, but that's not going to happen.

I really, really struggled with the price of the Zeiss 24. I bought it and returned it the first time because of buyer's remorse. I hate it when people return things that work just fine, but the price just hit me since I am an educator with pockets that are not very deep. However, I really liked what I had produced with the Zeiss 24. So, just before the price went up I bought it again. I think it's the best photography purchase I've ever made. And, 7 months later it has skewed my thinking. I no longer think it was expensive and I am looking at full frame (e.g., Canon 5D Mark III) and higher end lenses and these things are making the Zeiss 24 seem cheap . . . and I don't see these high end lenses as expensive. You often do get what you pay for. Sometimes you can find great values in cheaper products (e.g., I really like the SEL50/1.8, but I also like the Canon FDn 50/1.4 and they're both much, much cheaper than the Zeiss 24 - the FDn 50/1.4 is 1/10 of the Zeiss 24). All of this rambling is just my way of saying that it's probably best that you don't make the Zeiss 24 happen because it just leads to spending more and more money but also being able to justify the higher cost lenses. I sort of wish I was still much more budget minded. Heh.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow