Thorbard
Contributing MemberPosts: 678Gear list
Like?
Re: What do you want them for ?
In reply to Jasonsmom, Nov 20, 2012

Jasonsmom wrote:

Hank3152 wrote:

Jasonsmom wrote:

When I made the choice of the D5100 over the 3Ti I was using the Snapshot website which lists the D5100 as better (80% to 59%). I was also looking at other sites, but this is the one I remember.

That's a big difference ......the DPR revue here rates the T3i 77% over the D5100 76% which is a negligible difference but more realistic.........the good thing about the T3i is that it takes all Canon EF and EF-S lenses........

I don't have any lenses yet..... and sense I'm soooo new let me ask..... what is the difference in the EF and EF-S lenses

EF-S lenses are for crop sensor cameras (equivalent to Nikon DX) and are physically incompatible with full-frame sensor digital cameras and film cameras (except for with certain modifications to the lens/camera and serious performance issues).

EF lenses are for both full frame and crop sensor cameras (equivalent to Nikon FX) and are physically compatible with both lens mounts.

An EF-S lens mount will accept EF-S and EF lenses.

An EF lens mount will only accept EF lenses.

Thorbard's gear list:Thorbard's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow