Let's talk 'Shutter Shock'...

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
CrisPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 620Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't think so...
In reply to daddyo, Nov 20, 2012

I also saw the tests done by others and I tried to confirm the issue for my OM-D...
- I took LR4.1 and sorted all my pictures (about 10k) for shutterspeed 1/50-1/120. --> No evidence of significant blurring, in fact I found some of my favorite pictures I printed large in this bunch.
- Yesterday after reading the posting mentioned I took my 45mm and my 14-150mm and tested different speeds with/without shutter delay. ---> above 1/(focal length) pictures are sharp, with slower speeds the are slightly blurred. This can be expected anyhow.

Overall findings: from 1/100sec to 1/25sec the blurr amount stays on a similar noticable but low level which was not expected by me. I would expect more blurring with longer shutter time. But this can also be interpreted as a positive result from IBIS working fine ...

So for me it is very hard to see the shutter syndrome, I still think my OM-D is a quite reliable working horse ...
Christof

CrisPhoto's gear list:CrisPhoto's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow