Help needed - Upgrade or Downgrade?

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Moogles
Regular MemberPosts: 159
Like?
Re: Help needed - Upgrade or Downgrade?
In reply to gavin, Nov 20, 2012

gavin wrote:

I was also looking at a small mirrorless camera to compliment my 5DII. The Sony looked the best but I still found them kind of big. I end up getting the Sony RX100 which works great. Small enough for pocket carrying and having it around more often.

-- hide signature --

What camera do I have? I rather you look at my photos www.flickr.com/photos/gavinz

I have this old Ixus 850 IS but the shots it produces is way too crappy. It was one of the reasons why I moved to DSLR back then with the 40D before mirrorless was even born. Then 5D2. Big aperture matters to me, inter-changeable lens, prime lens - it all matters to me. I like a camera with good low light capability and great dynamic range of which the D800 beat the crap out of the 5D3.

I dont think I want a compact, even a large sensor one like the RX100. If I have that in my pocket, I dont think my under utilized 5D2 will even come out of the dry box ever again.

Anyway, still thanks for the suggestion, gavin. Truly appreciate your thoughts but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow