RX100 - is it successful at children action shooting?

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ElessarJD
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Re: RX100 - is it successful at children action shooting?
In reply to NIK11, Nov 20, 2012

NIK11 wrote:

cllcanada wrote:

LX7 is a nice camera but it can't touch the RX100 in image quality or portabiliy...a few image comparisons here

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-lx7/panasonic-lx7A.HTM

Thanks, I've looked at these. Yes on portability.

On IQ the rationale becomes a little diluted if, like me, you print at normal sizes and therefore don't need all of that extra resolution and shoot mostly in daylight. But I sure would appreciate the extra DR(in RAW) for daylight shooting as well as the more faithful colours through the ISO range that the RX offers when I need fast shutter speeds..

Nick.

PS Just to make life difficult, the LX7 has 5fps continuous vs 2.5 of RX.

A camera shop guy tried telling me that the resolution only affects the quality in relation to how large you want to print.  But I've found that to not be true.  I had a Canon S100 P&S before my RX100 and the quality difference between the two is very significant.  Just looking at the pictures on my screen, zoomed out to 30% on both pics, you can tell the RX100's bigger sensor just produces sharper and richer detail.  Even in ideal light conditions, the improved IQ is quite noticeable.  I don't mean to sound like an RX100 fanboy, but this thing has just blown me away the last couple months I've had it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow